Be Part of the Big Apple Tech Boom
There’s a bright spot on the economic horizon, especially as it rises on the Big Apple. According to the Bloomberg administration, high tech employment in New York City has increased nearly 30% in less than 5 years. In fact, the city reports that Silicon Alley will surpass Wall Street in job creation by the end of 2012. Now even better news: you can be part of that trend by joining Metaverse Mod Squad’s booming East Coast operations!
From hospitality to retail, entertainment to technology, Metaverse works with marquee companies and operators to promote brands, engage users and protect the safety of children. We’re looking for part-time or full-time Social Media Managers in the New York City area that have a passion for social media, excellent writing skills, and a background in marketing/public relations. Need flexibility? This gig is perfect for writer/artists who desire some flexibility—including working from home! Think we’re kidding? Our VP Digital Engagement who heads up our East Coast operations is also a writer/journalist! That’s just a little taste of the passionate, smart, groovy team you’ll join.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Successful community development expertise, hospitality or retail experience preferred.
- Experience managing social media accounts and the creation of engaging content for clients on social networks, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Foursquare and blogs.
- Understand how to embody the voice of client brands online, regularly engaging with their core consumers on digital platforms.
- Talent for writing—and flexible enough to create content for tweens one day and boomer moms the next.
- Self-starter: ability to organize yourself (and others), juggle various personalities and organizational cultures.
- Brand development experience is preferred; knowledge of PR/communications.
- Analytics experience is a plus, decisions need be data-driven.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data to make strategic decisions.
- Experience reporting to senior executives.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Brainstorm and implement strategy and direction for community engagement & management
- Interact with clients’ communities—and train & supervise others to do so effectively.
- Client Management
- Community support of marketing efforts
- Competitive Analysis
- Planning and execution of events, promotions, engagement efforts
- Leadership of community team members
- Working with production, engineering, art, and design teams to ensure community needs are met
Here’s what you have:
- Bachelors Degree.
- 2 – 4 years working with a team, preferably managing some team members
- 1 – 3 years community development & engagement
Here’s what you need to do:
Send resumé and cover letter with links to communities/sites that you’ve managed, moderated and/or to which you’ve contributed engaging content to hr[at]metaversemodsquad.com with the subject line: East Coast Social Media Manager.